The July 2015 issue of Motor Age has an article in the Powertrain Pro section called Tackling CVTs. The article promised to provide a few Honda Start Clutch relearn procedures. Here it is:
|Want more ? Enjoy a free subscription to Motor Age magazine to get the latest news in service repair. Click here to start you subscription today.|
ENTER CODE : ART30 AT CHECKOUT
1996 CIVIC MODEL ONLY:
1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Locate the Service Check Connector under the passenger side dash and jump the connector.
3. Start the engine, and warm it up to normal operating temperature, the radiator cooling fan should come on twice.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and accelerator pedal for 20 seconds in the "D" position.
5. Release the accelerator pedal and shift into neutral or park. To store the engine negative pressure in memory, let the engine idle for one minute under the following conditions:
·Brake pedal depressed
·A/C switch OFF
·Headlight switch OFF
·Heater Fan switch OFF
·All accessories OFF
NOTE: Begin step 5 within 60 seconds after the radiator fan goes off.
6. Shift into "D" position, and let the engine idle for 2 minutes to store the feedback signal in memory under the same conditions as in step 5.
7. Remove the jumper from the Service Check Connector.
NOTE: The TCM will not store the feedback signal when transmission fluid temperature is below 104ºF (40ºC) even if coolant temperature reaches normal operating temperature. This procedure may have to be repeated until Start Clutch calibration is complete.