Raybestos Powertrain proudly announces the introduction of Raybestos Hybrid Technology (HT) friction clutch plates. The new Raybestos HT plates merge the oil flow benefits of segmented friction plates with the strength and durability of a full wafer to achieve optimum fluid flow dynamics. “This is a breakthrough innovation for Raybestos friction clutch technology”, said David Coolidge, CEO of Raybestos Powertrain. “By combining optimum fluid flow with a new, industry leading friction material our testing proves we outperform OE materials”.
The Raybestos HT series of plates is the next generation of friction clutch and is superior to the competition under a variety of conditions, and is competitively priced when compared to OE friction clutches. The Raybestos HT Plates will be available for a wide range of transmissions including those for GM, Ford, Chrysler and many imports. Raybestos HT friction plates will be offered separately in bulk or as part of a clutch pack module.
The Raybestos HT’s performance-enhancing features include:
• Resistance to extreme heat caused by high-energy loading;
• Enhanced shift feel thanks to its higher coefficient of friction and favourable E/M ratio;
• Higher torque capacity than conventional high energy material;
• Low material compression, a critical factor in maintaining piston travel;
• Smooth yet quick engagements thanks to an endpoint/midpoint ratio that remains constant even under increased energy; and
• Excellent compliance to the reaction plate/fluid interface.
To learn more about Raybestos HT friction clutch plates, visit us at the ATRA Powertrain Expo, Booth # 409 and at AAPEX Booth No. 4461. For additional information on Raybestos HT and the full line of Raybestos Powertrain products, go to www.raybestospowertrain.com.
Subscribe to Motor Age and receive articles like this every month…absolutely free. Click here