NGK Spark Plugs was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 21st annual Ford World Excellence Awards. NGK was presented with a Smart Brand Pillar Award by Hau Thai-Tang, Ford chief product development and purchasing officer and Linda Cash, Ford vice president, quality and new model programs.
“This is quite an accomplishment, and it is an honor to be recognized by Ford for exceeding expectations for quality, cost and performance,” stated Michael Schwab, President and CEO of NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.) Inc.
“Ford’s annual World Excellence Awards recognize our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success,” said Thai-Tang. “Suppliers like NGK play an instrumental role in helping us achieve our vision of being the most trusted mobility company.”
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in 10 categories, including:
From left: Hau Thai-Tang (Ford), Michael Schwab (NGK)
and Linda Cash (Ford).
- Quality, sustainability, safe and smart categories for suppliers that demonstrate leadership in Ford’s primary brand pillars
- Aligned business framework for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that delivered results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year to honor suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year
About NGK Spark Plugs – The World Leader in Spark Plug and Sensor Technology
Since 1936, NGK Spark Plugs has been the world leader in technology, innovation, and world-class quality in the design of spark plugs and oxygen sensors. Today, NGK Spark Plugs manufactures ignition products, oxygen sensors, technical sensors and vehicle electronics for virtually every automotive manufacturer in the world.
NGK has built a reputation for quality and reliability, and a commitment to excellence continues to be the driving force behind the company’s advanced research and development programs. With state-of-the-art manufacturing, inventory, and distribution facilities, NGK provides customers with world-class products and services.
In addition to serving OE automotive and aftermarket customers, NGK also produces spark plugs for motorcycle, power sports, marine and small engine manufacturers. NGK also offers complementary product lines including resistor caps, spark plug wires, and high-performance cables.
In North America, NGK is headquartered in Wixom, MI and maintains manufacturing, inventory, and distribution facilities in Irvine, CA, Sissonville, WV, and Chicago, IL.
For more information about NGK Spark Plugs, (U.S.A), Inc., please visit our websites: