Fall Car Care Month in October is quickly approaching and it’s a good time to update your website to help your customers learn the safety and economic benefits of regular vehicle care, says the non-profit Car Care Council.
“Updating your shop’s website for Fall Car Care Month is simple and fast,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Just a few minutes is all it takes to incorporate free tools from the Car Care Council to educate your customers and help them be more car care aware.”
The Car Care Council suggests five quick and easy ways to update your website for Fall Car Care Month:
- Add a Fall Car Care Month digital banner to your website. Download at no charge on the Car Care Council’s website at: http://www.carcare.org/industry-participants/web-banners/.
- Link to www.carcare.org/car-care-guide to view the newly updated digital Car Care Guide, available in English and Spanish. Your customers may also order a free printed copy of the 80-page guide for their glove compartment.
- Use the following link so your customers can sign up for the free customized service schedule and e-mail service from the Car Care Council: http://www.carcare.org/car-care-service-schedules/custom-service-schedule/.
- Link to useful car care tips at http://www.carcare.org/car-care-resource/car-care-tips/ from your website.
- Upload Car Care Clips videos free of charge to help customers better understand their trip to a repair shop by visiting http://www.carcare.org/industry-participants/car-care-clips/.
Hosting a Fall Car Care Month event? By visiting http://www.carcare.org/industry-participants/host-an-event/, you can list your event at no charge on the Car Care Council’s website. At these events, businesses volunteer their time to check components on vehicles that typically get overlooked, including tires, air filters, lubricants and fluids, belts and hoses, battery cables and lights. These free vehicle inspection events emphasize the importance of preventive maintenance and educate consumers about how to take proper care of their cars. The Car Care Council offers free inspection forms for all registered events.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For a copy of the council’s Car Care Guide, which is now available electronically, or for more information, visit www.carcare.org.
Subscribe to Motor Age and receive articles like this every month…absolutely free. Click here