NACE Automechanika Chicago, the largest U.S. trade show dedicated to high-end technical and management-related training for automotive collision and service repair shops, will feature a show floor with more than 500 exhibitors, the latest advancements in automotive technology, technical training programs, educational seminars and a plethora of networking opportunities available to attendees and exhibitors.
NACE Automechanika Chicago will take place July 26 to 29, at McCormick Place, Chicago. For more information and to register, please visit www.NACEAutomechanika.com.
The 2017 program includes the Career Connection Program, Commitment-to-Training Lounge, CCC Academy, MSO Symposium, and many more. In conjunction with the event, the Automotive Management Institute (AMi) will host its 2017 graduation ceremony and showcase numerous educational opportunities that exist in the industry. Additionally, I-CAR and the Automechanika Train Station will offer specialized trainings throughout the expo, while exciting announcements will be unveiled from the LORD Corporation, creator of Fusor Aftermarket Repair Adhesives, a leading metal and plastic bonding solution for the automotive collision repair market. The latest innovations in scanning and diagnostic technologies will be available at Scan-a-Palooza; among the top exhibitors presenting will be asTech.
“asTech believes NACE Automechanika Chicago attracts influential thought leaders to their event,” says Dan Young, vice president of sales and marketing. “We want to be a part of meetings like NACE Automechanika Chicago and SEMA for this very reason. Today’s vehicles are filled with complex safety technology and state-of-the-art creature comforts systems. That complexity of the vehicle technology is going to grow exponentially over the coming years. Our mission at asTech is to provide superior quality automotive diagnostics and vehicle electronic services to professional repair organizations, while delivering a service our employees our proud of, and ensuring our investors receive a return on their investment. We find businesses that share this mission at NACE Automechanika Chicago.”
Show floor highlights include:
• The Spray Zone Pavillion will host 3M and its full-service vehicle, alongside industry celebrity Chip Foose, to demonstrate the capabilities of its mobile unit live on the show floor; from sanding, to prepping to painting, 3M will showcase it all.
• OE Coliseum, presented by the OE Procurement Roundtable, will house BMW, Toyota, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Nissan and other industry power players.
• Scan-a-Palooza will host live, two-hour demonstrations from exhibitors including Launchtech, asTech, Mitchell and Autel.
• At Career Connection meet with industry experts to get tips on hiring practices, interview skills and more. Representatives from the Automotive Service Association’s Illinois affiliate will be onsite to showcase the benefits of membership and how to leverage participation to grow your career.
“As an association, we are working on ways to address the present and worsening technician shortage. Our initiatives encourage young people to choose a career in the automotive industry,” says Doug McAllister, ASA Illinois board president and owner of Douglas Automotive in Crystal Lake, Barrington and Fox River Grove. “The Career Connection at NACE Automechanika will be a great resource for employers and potential employees at all levels of their automotive careers. We hope our efforts will help professionals connect and consider a career at an independent shop.”
NACE Automechanika offers unparalleled training and certification sessions, making it the auto industry’s foremost leader in technical training programs. Additionally, the event will feature a Student Day, where students are invited to get hands-on experience and participate in show floor training sessions, and make industry connections at the Tailgate Party held from 3 to 4 p.m. Friday, July 28.
Other highlights, presentations and networking opportunities include:
• The CCC Academy, where collision repair professionals can learn from industry experts such as Barry Lauderbaugh and Will Shen on how to streamline operations, optimize processes and increase business revenues.
• Shop of the Future - Learn how to streamline the digitalization process from Autovitals and get a sneak peek into future trends of the automotive service and repair industry.
• Mobile Shop Pro - Presented by Shop Pro Equipment, the company will showcase its Mobile Work Station®, a self-contained portable booth and filtration system, while providing live demonstrations followed with an autograph session by Counting Cars’ host Ryan Evans in booth 2225.
• The Innovation Zone - Exhibitors will have the opportunity to showcase their latest technology and cutting-edge products in this dedicated area on the show floor. Awards in each product category will be announced, including the Peoples’ Choice Award for best new product.
NACE Automechanika Chicago’s education tracks and training sessions cover the entire spectrum of the automotive aftermarket industry. Check out the full schedule of more than 200 classes being offered.