The California Autobody Association (CAA) will host two key meetings at NACE | CARS 2016. In addition to co-locating their meeting, CAA is bringing high-level speakers from the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR), along with the California Insurance Commissioner, Dave Jones, for key presentations.
Details for the two programs include:
Thursday, August 11, 10:30 a.m.: The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Panel
- The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR), along with the California Autobody Association and CCC, will answer any questions you have pertaining to the BAR. The issues that will be covered will range from "how to put the right paint and materials on your estimate" to "how do I properly get the customer's authorization under unusual circumstances."
Friday, August 12, 9:00 a.m.: Dave Jones, California Insurance Commissioner, presentation and industry update, including:
- Update on what is going on in the Department
- Report on the labor rate survey regulation and how it will affect shops and the insurance company
- Review steering regulation and how it will protect consumers
- Discuss Crash Parts and how it is being enforced
- Address the issues that might affect consumers in the auto body industry
These programs are offered at no cost and everyone is welcome to attend, not just CAA members. For shop owners in California, the information presented in these sessions will impact business and provide important insight.
"Because of California's size and population, the state addresses many key regulations," stated Dan Risley, ASA president and executive director. "Many of the issues that California deals with can impact the rest of the country. The programs CAA will offer during NACE | CARS 2016 will not only be of interest to California businesses, but to shop owners from around the country and the world."
Registration for NACE | CARS is open at www.NACEexpo.com or www.CARSevent.com.
Now in its 34th year, NACE | CARS 2016 will feature numerous opportunities for technical training, business education, demonstrations, networking and technology showcases for stakeholders, owners, managers and technicians in the collision and service repair industries.