The University of the Aftermarket Foundation announced the recipients of the Art Fisher Memorial Scholarships.
Three students received $2,500 awards:
• Salman Mirza of Holly, Mich.: attending Southern Illinois University in automotive technology, College of Applied Sciences and Arts
• Charles Schifone of Avon, Mass.: attending Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology in the automotive technology program
• Perla Veloz of Bakersfield, Calif.: attending Ferris State University in the automotive engineering technology program
Ten students were awarded $1,000 scholarships:
• Casey Alvarez of Purcellville, Va.: attending Wake Technical College in the diesel heavy equipment and transport technology program
• Jordon Esselman of Chili, Wis.: attending Mid-State Technical College in the automotive technician program
• Stephanie Garcia of Schuyler, Neb.: attending Southeast Community College in the GM Automotive Service Educational Program (ASEP)
• Cynthia Jones of Tyler, Texas: attending Tyler Junior College in the automotive technology program
• Conner Kavanagh of Richwood, Ohio: attending the University of Northwestern Ohio in the automotive, diesel technology, agricultural/heavy machinery technology program
• Richard Saeparn of Oakland, Calif.: attending the College of Alameda in the automotive program
• Allison Sattgast of Portland, Ore.: attending Mt. Hood Community College in the automotive technology program
• Kianna Silva of Santa Barbara, Calif.: attending Santa Barbara City College in the automotive service and technology program
• Ryan Watz of Shelton, Wash.: attending Universal Technical Institute in the diesel technology program
• Jonathan Weronski of East Concord, N.Y.: attending Alfred State College in the heavy equipment, truck and diesel technician program
Additional scholarship funding comes from industry contributions provided by individuals, companies and foundations. Contributions can be made to the Scholarship Fund, c/o Susan Medick at the Auto Care Association, at email@example.com or 301-654-6664.
Subscribe to Aftermarket Business World and receive articles like this every month….absolutely free. Click here.