Sears will unveil its first “DieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears” in San Antonio, Texas, on Friday Feb. 17.
The DieHard Auto Center will leverage interactive in-store merchandise displays and advanced diagnostic technology. It offers a suite of services and amenities, including:
• DieHard 360° Vehicle Assessment: Customers looking to buy or sell a used car can get a comprehensive 120-point inspection to assess the vehicle's condition to help them buy, sell, or maintain their vehicle with confidence.
• DieHard Edge Maintenance Plans: Provides 36 months or 45,000 miles, (whichever comes first) of covered maintenance locked in at today's discounted prices (savings range from 25% to 40% off regular retail prices), DieHard Edge is available in three plans.
• Digital Tire Journey: A web app that relies on IBM Watson Natural Language Classifier service to help customers identify the appropriate tires to fit their driving preferences. Customers can also use touchscreens in store to access the Digital Tire Journey.
• Free Wi-Fi: Enabling customers to be productive or entertained while their vehicle is serviced.
"The new DieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears is another example of how we're unleashing the power of the DieHard brand," said Brian Kaner, president of Sears Automotive. "It offers state-of-the-art technology and services in a contemporary, comfortable setting – that, combined with our experienced associates, can help today's drivers make the right choices for their vehicle's needs."
"DieHard is America's most trusted automotive battery brand," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands. "In 2016, we introduced DieHard tires, which have been well-received by our customers, as we have continued to see positive, strong sales since their introduction. As we have also expanded the brand into automotive consumer electronics accessories, it's a natural evolution to extend the brand to automotive service. Now, when you bring your vehicle to a DieHard Auto Center, you can have the same peace of mind you expect from DieHard products."
During Friday's grand opening celebration, members and customers can enjoy free food and prizes, including: DieHard wi-fi maintainers valued at $99.99 and compact lithium jump starters valued at $69.99. In addition, KJ97 IHeart radio will be broadcasting from the store on Friday.
The celebration will continue over the weekend, with the DieHard Auto Center giving away a DieHard 360 Vehicle Assessment on Saturday, Feb. 18 and Sunday, Feb.19 to two lucky winners. In addition, key vendors including AutoZone®, Continental Tire®, Michelin Tire® and Valvoline® will participate in the celebration.
DieHard Auto Center specials throughout the grand opening weekend include:
• An additional 10 percent off DieHard batteries, starting as low as $99.99 (offer valid in-store only through March 2, 2017).
• Buy three, get one free on all DieHard tires with installation, plus get an additional 10 percent off (offer valid in-store only through March 2, 2017).
• 50 percent off oil changes (offer valid through March 2, 2017).
Subscribe to Aftermarket Business World and receive articles like this every month….absolutely free. Click here.