Openbay founder and CEO Rob Infantino describes his company as “an online marketplace transforming the auto repair experience for consumers, and the way that service providers acquire and service customers.”
Among other ongoing innovations, backed by several cutting-edge investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), last year the Cambridge, Mass.-based firm introduced OpenbayConnect, which allows connected cars to communicate with Openbay for repair and maintenance service, says Infantino, who recently answered a series of questions posed by Aftermarket Business World:
|Aftermarket Business World on YouTube|
You read the articles, now get more from Aftermarket Business World by subscribing to our YouTube page.
Q: How can a repair shop benefit by being a part of Openbay?
A: Auto repair shops on Openbay benefit in several ways:
- Openbay increases revenue by delivering new customers to auto repair businesses.
- Connecting with online, in-market consumers – customers with an immediate need for service – via a pay-on-performance model. Businesses are immediately able to quantify the cost of acquiring each new customer that Openbay sends to a service center. Even many of the most sophisticated shop owner/operators don’t have a sense of what it costs them to acquire new customers.
- Bringing the business online: We offer free, SEO-optimized profile pages, and the ability for shops using OpenbayASP (Openbay’s mobile app for Automotive Service Providers) to communicate with consumers via text, video and photos. Some shops pay hundreds per month for similar services, where Openbay includes that within its platform.
- Automated Quotes offers shops the ability to capture customers at any time of day. When Automated Quotes is enabled, quotes, as confirmed by the service provider, for standard services are automatically generated. For consumers, the experience is similar to looking for flights on Kayak, where results are immediately visible.
- Increase revenue by increasing your exposure to the local community. Our top shops make more than $2,000 a week.
- Automated Quote tool allows you to win business 24/7.
- No more tracking down customers for payment. Openbay handles all payment processing.
- Set your schedule and decide which jobs you want.
- Create and share videos and photos with customers with Openbay's app for Automotive Service Professionals.
Q: What are the requirements for a shop to join Openbay? What is the vetting process?
A: Shops must
- be insured and have been in operation for six months or more;
- offer parts and/or a service warranty;
- charge fair prices;
- offer superior customer service; and
- have ASE-, manufacturer- or mechanical-certified technicians.