The winners of the Automechanika Innovation Awards 2016 have been announced. An independent jury of nine experts reached agreement on eight award winners whose innovative solutions and future-oriented products will be presented for the first time in an interactive special show in the ‘Festhalle’ during the coming Automechanika Frankfurt.
The award winners were selected from a total of 130 entries, 58 of them from Germany and 72 from other countries. This represents an increase of approx. 30 percent in the number of international entries compared to the previous fair.
The Automechanika exhibitors were invited to enter their innovations in the following eight categories: Parts & Components, Electronics & Systems, Accessories & Customizing, Repair & Diagnostics, Repair & Maintenance, Management & Digital Solutions, Car Wash, Care & Reconditioning and OE Products & Services.
The jury also decided to give a ‘Green Award’ for the first time as part of this year’s Innovation Awards. This special award goes to the most sustainable innovation of all entries and this year’s winner is Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH for the WinterContact TS 850 P tyre made of ‘Taraxagum’ dandelion rubber, the winner of the Automechanika Innovation Award in the Accessories & Customizing category.
The awards will be presented during the Automechanika Frankfurt opening ceremony in ‘Saal Panorama’ of the Forum at 10.00 hrs on 13 September 2016.
The members of the expert jury that judged the entries from Automechanika exhibitors were:
- Hartmut Abeln, Board Member, TÜV NORD Mobilität
- Prof Willi Diez, Director of the Institute for the Automobile Industry (IFA)
- Dr Axel Glanz, CEO, Innovations Institute and Spokesman of the Innovation Association for the German Industry (IDWI)
- Edwin Grabowski, Publisher of Car Wash Info
- Wilhelm Hülsdonk, Federation of the German Motor Vehicle Trade (ZDK)
- Wolfgang Michel, Editor-in-Chief, ‘kfz-betrieb’, Vogel Business Media GmbH & Co. KG
- Burkhard Riering, Editor-in-Chief ‘Automobilwoche’, Crain Communications GmbH
- Prof Axel Schumacher, Bergische University, Wuppertal
- Prof Helmut Tschöke, Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg