The all-new Lexus luxury coupe is here and makes the strongest statement yet about the brand’s future.
The sleek design with an imposing stance yields a captivating presence. Thanks to a large glass panel and blacked-out rear pillars, the roof appears to float above the vehicle. And, for the sports driving enthusiast, the roof can be upgraded to a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic composite. Aluminum body panels (hood, front fenders and doors) are delicately shaped for a luxurious appearance. At the rear, slim LED tail lamps use mirrors to create a three-dimensional sequence of L-shaped graphics. The exterior also includes several other distinctive features:
- Flush-type door handles with illumination when popped out
- Arrowhead LED DRLs with ultra-compact triple projector LED headlamps
- LED front, rear and side turn signal lamps
- LED cornering lamps
- Standard 20-inch cast aluminum wheels
- Available Active Rear Spoiler
The LC 500 is designed for up to four passengers, and the low instrument panel and hood line give the driver a commanding view with easy-to-reach driving controls and easy-to-read instruments. Comfort and luxury are the hallmarks of the cabin. Exclusive seats have shoulder and side bolsters to help keep passengers seated during cornering, and available sport seats include additional bolsters. Other high-end interior features include:
- Satin metallic finish throughout
- Aluminum accelerator pedal, brake pedal and footrest
- Drape-like surface treatment and ambient illumination on door panels
- 8-inch LCD TFT multi-information display
- Lexus analog clock with L-shaped pattern ornamentation
Unique in the industry for a luxury coupe, Lexus offers a choice of a high-performance V8 (LC 500) or a new-generation Multi Stage Hybrid powertrain (LC 500h).
|“The sleek design with an imposing stance yields a captivating presence.”|
Start the naturally aspirated 5-liter V8, and it’s hard to miss the growl from the Active Sport Exhaust. Based on the Lexus GS F and RC F engine, it provides an impressive 471 horsepower and 398 lb.-ft. of peak torque*. And this versatile engine uses an Atkinson cycle to help improve fuel efficiency when at cruising speeds, switching seamlessly to an Otto cycle for higher performance. Mated to the first 10-speed automatic transmission for a luxury automobile, the LC has a smaller, lighter gearbox than some 8-speed units on the market, and can shift at speeds rivaling dual-clutch transmissions. The LC 500’s powertrain has some impressive statistics:
- 471 HP @ 7,100 rpm
- 398 lb.-ft. @ 4,800 rpm
- 0-60 mph: 4.4 seconds (mfr. results)
- Top Track Speed: 168 mph (mfr. estimate – electronically limited)
- EPA-estimated Fuel Economy: ** 16-city/26-highway/19-combined (mpg)
Get Free OEM Training
Now is your chance to register for an expo pass to NACE Automechanika Chicago, where you'll have a chance to walk the show floor and take part in free OEM trainings.