Numerous vehicles featuring paint from BASF’s Glasurit® and R-M® product lines received awards and industry recognition at the 2015 SEMA Show.
The Ringbrothers 1965 carbon fiber Ford Mustang painted with Glasurit 90 Line Spy Green won the Goodguys’ Gold Award, was named a top Ford by Motor Trend and a top 10 finalist in Battle of the Builders.
“It’s an honor for our paint brands to receive recognition at SEMA and be used by some of the most talented car painters, designers and builders in the industry,” said Dan Bihlmeyer, Head of Marketing, Automotive Refinish, BASF Corporation.
- Mothers® Shine Award – given to the Goolsby Customs 1969 Ford Mustang painted in Glasurit 55 Line® Goolsby Platinum, this award is presented to the car that represents the very best of what is shown at SEMA.
- Goodguys Gold Award – awarded to the 1965 customized carbon fiber “Espionage” Ford Mustang from The Ringbrothers, painted in Spy Green from Glasurit 90 Line®. The Espionage was also mentioned as a top show car in its class by Motor Trend, Car & Driver and Hot Rod magazines.
- Ford Motor Co. Best of Show Booth – the MAD Industries 2016 Mustang Convertible featuring R-M Onyx HD® Jet Black and MAD Blue paint was named Best of Show at the Ford booth.
- General Motors Chevrolet Design Awards – the 1959 Chevy Biscayne painted in Glasurit 90 Line Mother’s Red from Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides by Troy, was named the Best Chevrolet of the SEMA show.
- Motor Trend Top Tuner Cars of SEMA 2015 – both the Cory Horsford 1996 Nissan Boss Rocket Bunny 240sx painted with R-M Onyx HD Boss Flat Blue, and the Joey Lee 1991 Acura Rocket Bunny NSX featuring Glasurit 90 Line Grigio Telestro were on the list of top tuners.
- Motor Trend Top Fords at SEMA –in addition to the Ringbrothers Espionage, the Petty’s Garage 2015 Ford Mustang featuring R-M Onyx HD Black and Petty Blue with White Diamond Pearl, and the 1966 Bronco painted by The Refinery by Adam Krause Inc. with Glasurit 90-Line Refinery Green and Refinery Brown, made the list of this year’s top Ford vehicles on display.
- SEMA Battle of the Builders® – the 1965 Chevy Impala “Imposter” from Chip Foose featuring a Glasurit 90 Line custom Imposter Pearl Dark and Imposter Pearl Light, and the Ringbrothers Espionage were named a top three and a top ten finalist, respectively, for this competition that celebrates the best builds brought to SEMA.
For more information, please visit www.basfrefinish.com