This year, BASF Automotive Refinish will showcase its products at two show booths during the 2015 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show from Nov. 3-6 in Las Vegas.
During the event, BASF will also host two press conferences and feature appearances by Jay Leno, Richard Petty, Ryan Friedlinghaus and Chip Foose.
|1933 Ford Coupe|
Highlights at BASF booth #21437, located in the Racing & Performance section, will include:
- Custom Car Unveiling Press Conference – Wed., Nov. 4, 9 a.m. – During its first press conference, BASF will unveil a 1933 Ford Coupe from Chip Foose featuring a Glasurit® 90 Line custom blue and silver two-tone paint; a 1965 customized carbon fiber Ford Mustang from The Ringbrothers painted in Spy Green from Glasurit 90 Line; and a 1967 Pontiac Acadian from JF Kustoms featuring R-M® ONYX HD custom red paint.
- Jay Leno, star of Jay Leno’s Garage, appearance – Wed., Nov. 4 -- A self-described “car guy,” Leno exclusively uses Glasurit 90 Line on all of his vehicle restorations.
- Glasurit Best Paint Award Press Conference – Thurs., Nov. 5, 4 p.m. – Chip Foose will present the first ever Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation. To register your car visit www.refinish.basf.us/bestpaintaward by Nov. 2.
- New Paint Innovations – BASF will showcase its new Glasurit Water Boosters and UV primers, plus its R-M ONYX HD system and the recently introduced PowerFill Plus DTM Primers Onyx HD – the only paint system on the market that can be mixed as either waterborne or solventborne with a single set of toners.
- Custom Display Vehicles – BASF will also display a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette from West Coast Customs painted with R-M ONYX HD and a 2016 Harley Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers, featuring R-M Carizzma Candy Paint.
- Autograph Sessions – Chip Foose will sign autographs at the booth on Tues., Nov. 3 from noon until 2 p.m. Racing legend Richard Petty will sign autographs on Wed., Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and Ryan Friedlinghaus on Thur., Nov. 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and Fri., Nov. 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
At its Collision Repair & Refinish section booth #16026, BASF will feature demonstrations of its value-added tools and services that help collision shops drive business success. Some of those tools and services include:
- VisionPLUS Online – Online business KPI tracking, analyzing and reporting system.
- VisionPLUS Scorecards – Automated Production and Estimator KPIs.
- Vision PLUS Performance Groups – 20 group meetings for business owners looking to improve their business through financial reviews and idea sharing.
- Advanced Process Solutions (APS) -- Built on Lean fundamentals, APS is a process of continuous work flow throughout the repair process. Current APS shops enjoy improved cycle time and touch time along with added capacity and reduced chaos.
- SmartTRAK - Comprehensive paint shop management system that goes beyond formula retrieval to make the shop more profitable.
To learn more about the 2015 SEMA Show, please visit: www.semashow.com