At its annual conference, CARSTAR recognized the U.S. and Canadian top performing CARSTAR franchise partners of the year for their leadership and success throughout the network.
On Thursday, Arlo Johnson, U.S. general manager, and Jeff Labanovich, Canada general manager, presented the awards for Customer Experience and Top Cycle Time. The winners were on stage as part of a franchise partner panel to discuss strategies for success in these key areas and then were surprised with their awards. Panel participants/winners included:
Top Cycle Time
- U.S. – Tom Martin, CARSTAR Sydney, CARSTAR Troy and CARSTAR Piqua in Ohio
- Canada – Darryl Hemstreet, CARSTAR Red Deer and CARSTAR Red Deer South in Alberta
- U.S. — Lisa Siembab, CARSTAR Berlin in Connecticut
- Canada -- Frank Abate, CARSTAR Toronto St. Clair
On Friday, the CARSTAR team recognized franchise partners with additional awards for top performance during the day’s presentations and the closing gala on Friday night.
CARSTAR Rookie of the Year
In the U.S., Jason Wong, owner of CARSTAR Auto World, just had his most successful month ever, which is a testament to the leadership at this store. He and his team are engaged in the CARSTAR EDGE Performance Group and he is also a champion for teamwork as he is always working to elevate the collective CARSTAR brand in Northern California.
The Canadian Rookie of the Year winner is Patrice Magnan of CARSTAR Group Magnan in Quebec. Magnan has embraced the CARSTAR values from the moment he joined the network. His focus on his KPIs aligns with the CARSTAR EDGE Performance Platform goals, not only contributing to his massive success but also making him and his five locations a tremendous fit with CARSTAR.
CARSTAR Next Generation Award
The U.S. recipient of the Next Generation award is Nathan Muller, owner of CARSTAR Maryville, who is following in the footsteps of his father Kurt, a long-time franchise partner, starting with CARSTAR back in 1993. This second-generation owner consistently ranks the highest for the most important KPIs, his store has achieved EDGE Elite status and is active in EPGs best practice sharing, advising and learning alongside his colleagues.
In Canada, the winner is Sebastien Torres from the Torcam Group, who helped his family achieve a lifelong goal to own their own locations at the start of this year. He plays a significant role in the success of the overall operations as he has championed the idea of performance accelerating growth.
For the U.S., Lou Scola, owner of CARSTAR Scola in Chicago, was honored with the Ironman Award for his 15 years with CARSTAR. He is a former Franchisee of the Year award winner, he continuously champions CARSTAR and is always open to honest conversations to improve the business. Dedicated to performance and providing repairs backed by integrity, Scola is truly best in class.
In Canada, Mark Kharfan, owner of the Kharfan Group, oversees nine CARSTAR locations and more than 100 employees. He was one of the first to integrate a 45,000 square-foot production facility into his operations, and was able to master the concept of load-levelling early on. He also has been able to replicate operational excellence at each store, which is a direct reflection on how wonderfully he treats his team.
The President’s Awards are given to the top U.S. and Canadian franchise partners who demonstrated distinguished service and outstanding leadership within the CARSTAR family this year. Additionally, these owners also have the highest metrics in CARSTAR’s most important key performance indicators.
- Highest performing large-scale MSO – Fred Beans, Fred Beans Group
- Highest performing small-scale MSO – Theresa & Jeremy Orsky, Orsky Group
- Central Zone – Sheila Samuel-Lefor and Jeff Samuel, CARSTAR Ideal Auto Body
- East Zone – Kelli Back, CARSTAR of Amelia
- West Zone – Marcine Sanders, CARSTAR ABC Body & Frame
- Highest performing large-scale MSO – Mark Kharfan
- Highest performing small-scale MSO – Lorenzo Pellicciotta
- Ontario Zone – Pino Gagliardi, CARSTAR Downsview
- West Zone – Mark Descoteau, CARSTAR Parksville (Terminal)
- Quebec Zone – Sergio Panfili, CARSTAR St-Leonard
- East Zone – Bruce Brinton, CARSTAR Digby