We are delighted to announce the launch of the 5th Edition of The Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing Detroit Summit rebranded as the Lightweight Materials and EV Body Structures Manufacturing Technologies Summit and returning on February 21-22, 2018 at the MotorCity Casino Hotel Resort.
Automotive OEMs are currently utilizing mixed-material components for automotive manufacturing to optimize structural integrity and achieve weight reduction objectives. This is evident in conventional vehicles where the ETA has set a mandate for 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025.
The influx of electric vehicles places further emphasis on the production of lightweight vehicle body structures, as vehicles are required to integrate heavy battery packs into lightweight body structures to enhance drive range and performance.
The 2018 event will continue to deliver lightweighting innovations and practical solutions focusing on dissimilar material joining, corrosion mitigation and manufacturing new-age materials for vehicle large-scale production. It will also host an exclusive panel focusing on the current and future joining, manufacturing technologies to scale up production for EV vehicles.
As part of the world renowned GALM Series and with over 400 attendees in 2017, this is the key industry event for understanding the latest innovations, discussing current trends and discovering practical solutions associated with lightweight vehicle body structure production.
Key Speakers Include:
· Elie M. Tohme, Director of Body Engineering, Karma Automotive
· Antonio Mercado, BIW Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Faraday Future
· Dr. Huaxin Li, Material/Welding Technical Specialist, General Motors
· Abhay Vadhavka, Senior Technical Manager, Ford Motors
· Dr Salman Kahn, Senior CAE Lead, Faraday Future
· Dr. Paul J. Wolcott, Applications Engineer - Additive Manufacturing, General Motors
· Michael W Danyo, Technical Specialist - Aluminum Structures, Ford Motor Company
· Farid Haddadi, Process Engineer Specialist - BIW Manufacturing, Faraday Future
· Raj Sohmshetty, Group Leader - Advanced Steel Technology, Manufacturing Research Department, R&A Engineering, Ford Motor Company
· John Catterall, Executive Director, Auto Steel Partnership
· Mohamed S ElKafafy, Operational Excellence Specialist, General Motors
· Menachem Kimchi, Advanced Material Joining, The Ohio State University
New Features For 2018
Corrosion Mitigation Strategies:
Showcasing The Latest Industry Best Practice And Technologies For Corrosion Mitigation In Mixed Material Structures.
Highlights Include: Structural Adhesive And Mechanical Fastener Corrosion
EV/Hybrid Vehicle Design:
Stepping Into Future Vehicle Requirements; Examine How Joining And Manufacturing Processes Will Be Adapted For EV/Hybrid Vehicles.
Highlights Include: Structural Integrity, Passenger Safety And Vehicle Electrification
Welding Solutions For UHSS to Aluminum:
Case Study Taking You Through The Most Effective Process For Aluminium To UHSS
Highlights include: Methodology, Performance, Durability And Cost
Address The Expansion Properties Of Dissimilar Material Properties After Painting Process
Highlight includes: New Design Features
Detailed Analysis And Evaluation Of Magnesium Component Manufacturing
Highlights include: Methodology For Forming And Safety Considerations
Don’t miss your chance to access the latest OEM case studies for advanced joining, forming and manufacturing technologies for lightweight body structures and next generation electric vehicles at the worlds largest lightweight vehicle manufacturing specific summit.